The North Borneo University College is a nationally accredited university with a distinguished historical name of North Borneo in acknowledgement to the history and diversity in ethnicity, culture and language for the State of Sabah. The State of North Borneo was made a British protectorate in 1888.
The University established since 2006 and rebranded to North Borneo University College in March 2015, as the first private university college in Sabah that offering postgraduate programme up to doctoral level. North Borneo University College situated in Kota Kinabalu offers lots of opportunities to explore the beauty and uniqueness of Sabah to international students. The campus equipped with state-of-the-art technology such as Drone Technology, Ground Penetrating Radar, Forensic Lab, Armedeus Lab and e-library to stay ahead with Industrial Revolution 4.0 and Society 5.0.
Memberships & Registrations
- Ministry of Education, Malaysia
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- National Higher Education Fund Corporation (PTPTN)
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Kota Kinabalu City Hall, State of Sabah
To be a reputable International Institution for higher education renown in imparting knowledge and value creation
To produce competent and innovative graduates conversant in contemporary social, scientific and technological knowledge with good professional skills, entrepreneurs, sound industrial linkages and social responsibilities to fulfill national and international needs and aspirations.
- We are committed to providing excellent services to you as our student and endeavour to exceed all your expectations.
- We care and are concerned about you and put your needs first by providing a positive and supportive environment for you to achieve your goals.
- We listen to you, and your feedback on your academic performance is a fundamental element of the NBUC approach to teaching and learning.
- We highly rate innovation and we are therefore always looking to find new ways to do things better.
- We are open and honest and have an open door policy to create a receptive environment where you can develop, contribute and prosper.
- Our people are committed to enhancing their personal and professional development which will ensure you have a great experience with North Borneo University College.
Our North Borneo University College governance structure protects and assures the integrity of academic decision making. The Academic Board is independent and tasked with a clear remit for academic development and quality assurance.
The Academic Board has ultimate responsibility for the standards and quality of our educational provision at NBUC. The Vice Chancellor will exercise academic leadership and coordinate academic activities, and the Deans shall be responsible for monitoring standards and quality at qualification level. The Academic Board is ultimately responsible for all assessments relating to our qualifications through the Board of Examiners.