Originally established in June 2006 as Twintech International University College, we decided that we had to acknowledge our history and notable diversity in ethnicity, culture and language by changing our name to North Borneo University College (“NBUC”). NBUC was acquired by the Geomatika Group in December 2012 through Borneo Eduexcel Sdn Bhd.
NBUC is one of the two university colleges in Sabah that provide tertiary education up to Postgraduates programmes. NBUC situated in Alamesra, Kota Kinabalu offers alots of opportunities to explore the beauty and uniqueness of Sabah to international students. The campus equipped with state-of-the-art technology such as Drone Technology, Ground Penetrating Radar, Forensic Lab, Armedeus Lab and e-library to stay ahead with Industrial Revolution 4.0 and Society 5.0.
“To be a reputable International Institution for higher education renown in imparting knowledge and value creation”
“To produce competent and innovative graduates conversant in contemporary social, scientific and technological knowledge with good professional skills, entrepreneurs, sound industrial linkages and social responsibilities to fulfill national and international needs and aspirations.”
- We are committed to providing excellent services to you as our student and endeavour to exceed all your expectations.
- We care and are concerned about you and put your needs first by providing a positive and supportive environment for you to achieve your goals.
- We listen to you, and your feedback on your academic performance is a fundamental element of the NBUC approach to teaching and learning.
- We highly rate innovation and we are therefore always looking to find new ways to do things better.
- We are open and honest and have an open door policy to create a receptive environment where you can develop, contribute and prosper.
- Our people are committed to enhancing their personal and professional development which will ensure you have a great experience with North Borneo University College.
Independence of Academic Board
Our North Borneo University College governance structure protects and assures the integrity of academic decision making. The Academic Board is independent and tasked with a clear remit for academic development and quality assurance.
Purpose of the Academic Board
The Academic Board has ultimate responsibility for the standards and quality of our educational provision at NBUC. The Vice Chancellor will exercise academic leadership and coordinate academic activities, and the Deans shall be responsible for monitoring standards and quality at qualification level. The Academic Board is ultimately responsible for all assessments relating to our qualifications through the Board of Examiners.