Why Choose NBUC
Core value proposition to our students
- We are committed to providing excellent services to you as our student and endeavour to exceed all your expectations.
- We care and are concerned about you and put your needs first by providing a positive and supportive environment for you to achieve your goals.
- We listen to you, and your feedback on your academic performance is a fundamental element of the NBUC approach to teaching and learning.
Core values of our faculty and people
- We highly rate innovation and we are therefore always looking to find new ways to do things better.
- We are open and honest and have an open door policy to create a receptive environment where you can develop, contribute and prosper.
- Our people are committed to enhancing their personal and professional development which will ensure you have a great experience with North Borneo University College
Core values proposition to our Learning
Academics are our core and our faculty are encouraged to give feedback and become actively involved in the development of the qualifications according to industry norms.
Qualifications design, learning, teaching and assessment are our academic priorities and these are the key success factors of your qualification. We ensure your qualifications are relevant and excellent, and we aim to provide you with an environment conducive to learning.
We are committed to benchmarking our practices against best practices in the education sector both locally and internationally through collaborative activities and alliances.
Our NBUC qualifications are student-centred and outcomes based and geared towards career and lifelong education.
We will provide you with a vibrant and well-resourced learning environment to support our high quality, inclusive student learning experiences. Our strategic employability agenda will equip you with the following attributes:
- Up to date and relevant professional knowledge and skills, and informed understanding of the principles, values and ethics of your chosen profession.
- An ability to communicate and express yourself with confidence, both verbally and in writing.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to use technology and software relevant to your field.
- Independent critical thought, rational enquiry and self-directed learning.
- An ability to search, evaluate and manage information.
- Ability to plan work and to use time effectively.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in teams.
- A willingness to engage in constructive public discussion, and to accept social and civic responsibility.
Life in Kota Kinabalu
North Borneo University College is situated in Sabah – a State full of attractions and experiences. Sabah is surrounded by the South China Sea to the west, the Sulu Sea to the northeast and the Celebes Sea to the southeast. There is 1,743 of kilometres coastline, large freshwater and tidal wetlands and mountain ranges. Sabah is truly blessed with a diverse landscape of tropical forests, mountains, and pristine seas and known for great natural treasures which include Danum Valley Conservation Area, Tabin Wildlife Reserve and Maliau Basin. Sabah is the perfect learning platform for bio-cultural diversity and conservation and home to one of Malaysia’s most exciting cities. There are more than 30 different ethnic groups and more than 80 different dialects with each group having its own colourful culture, traditions, festivals and customs. So where else will you find such an amazing environment to study and experience real adventure?